Tuesday, September 29, 2020

New exercise bike

Well, technically it's not new.  It's another one of those neighborhood App purchases!  Maybe I need to just uninstall that App on my phone.  I definitely browse on it too much.  Ha ha!

The bike just managed to fit into the back of the minivan.  I don't think Bobby was too happy about this purchase because it was probably more than what he wanted to pay for AND this means I'm going to nag him about using it!  Plus, he says all my other "equipment" is just taking up too much space AND collecting dust.  Hmm... perhaps he does have a point but that's besides THIS point :-)

Boys are testing out the bike by hee-ing and hoo-ing, like they are rowing a boat:

Maybe the boys will use it too! 
The seat goes all the way down to the bottom, so Charlie can use it as well.  Here he is within just a few seconds of pedaling:
Too funny!!!  And actually, I was on the bike for 5 minutes today and within the first minute or so, I was already feeling the burn on my thighs.  And by about the 3 1/2 minute mark, my heart rate was definitely starting to pump harder.  Good thing I only set myself up for 5 minutes! Plus, by then I had to switch off the sprinklers :-)

And thinking we needed some sort of resistance on the bike, that is definitely not necessary now!  Hope to get some more minutes in.  Those 5 minutes on the bike only burned like 70-some calories.  I suppose it's still more than zero!  That will account for a few gulps of that cookies-and-cream milkshake I had this afternoon with lunch.  And oh, also those mini almond biscotti that I had with my coffee this morning.  Hmm.... sounds like I need a lot more minutes on the exercise bikes to cover even just that.  LOL!!!

Bobby has yet to get on the bike routine.  I hope he does soon and just not make the exercise bike as part of another piece of outdoor furniture :-P

No comments: