Friday, September 4, 2020

Recent happenings

A few random happenings around our household.  First off, Graham wanted to make slime.  Thankfully it wasn't as messy as I thought it would be. And I'm so glad he didn't want any glitter in it!

The boys were sleeping in the living room a couple of weeks ago as the temperature has been so hot in the front part of the house.  We don't have an air conditioner in the front room (but this is going to change soon - Yay!!!) and it was still over 80F at night.  Yikes!  But this is what we have to deal with in the morning.  Double yikes!
I finally decided also to wash all the cushion covers.  Phew!!! We should have bought a smaller couch!
I received a note from the public library about returning their books.  I guess I didn't realize that they were ready to receive them back.  Look at how much I owe on overdue fine!!! Thankfully it will be waived - or at least that's what it sounded like to me in the email.  Fingers crossed!
We've had the occasional drawing competition on the back patio.  Bob has been the judge and so far, it has been difficult to be fair, especially when Charlie wants to win all the time!  But I'm so glad Charlie didn't cry when Bobby told them that Graham won that drawing session:

It was time to trim what I believe is the Mexican Marigolds again.  They are growing so quickly! The last time I had decided to make them into bunny rabbits.  This time I thought I'd just trim it into a big ball, but I couldn't help myself and made another 2 bunnies.  Ha ha!

You can't really see it in the photo very well, but I swear it's there :-)
And I couldn't help myself when I was shopping the other day for citronella candles.  Instead of candles, I came back with a snail instead:
It only took Bobby 24 hours to notice it.  Ha!
The snail had been sitting in the yard and Bobby didn't notice it while going back and forth along the driveway.  But when he had to open up the window - he saw the snail looking right back at him.  Lol!!!
I also decided to plant some Snapdragons in the front.  Hopefully they will do well.  I'm trying to create different "layers" of flowers:
Let's see if the Snapdragons survive!  In the meantime, the strawberries seem to be doing quite well.  There are lots of runners growing on the strawberry plant in the backyard too. So hopefully the strawberries will come in nicely soon!  Hmm... just reading up online and looks like strawberry season ends by the end of summer.  Noooo...!!!  Oh well, guess we have to wait until next season then.  Hopefully the plants will survive the winter!

No comments: