Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Yard work

As usual, plenty of yard work to be done here!  I'm trying to grow some grass from seeds in some of these bare spots:

This is where the old tree stump used to be.  We were able to grow some grass last season but somehow they have all died!
The last time I just dumped the seeds down but it didn't work.  This time I topped it off with some soil.  Maybe it might work this time??? But so far, still no new grass yet :-(
Our strawberry plant in the hanging planter is getting lots of runners!  I'm trying to stick them into the empty holes of the upside-down planter:
Also in the backyard, I've decided to hang Charlie's skull/pirate flag that he had bought from the Monster Truck show - gosh, maybe 2 years ago?!
The boys have knocked over my rock tower again.  Urgh:
In the meantime, I've bought these fancy trellis for our cucumber plant:
My makeshift trellis using the boys' soccer netting was quite a tangly situation!
Much better!
I also bought a couple of long stakes to connect one trellis to another so the cucumber plant can continue climbing.  But while I get set up, Graham and Charlie are enjoying "fighting" with the long stakes.  I'm just glad no one got their eyes poked out!
Here we go!  Maybe looking just a tad better than what the previous owner had when they were trying to create a homemade trellis for their grape vines.  Ha ha!
I'm also trying to grow ginger... again:
Maybe this container is too deep??? Well, let's see if the organic ginger will work this time:
Look!  There's still one lady buy hanging around my citrus trees!
And it's amazing how nature finds a way to continue living.  I thought for sure I had dug up this rose bush, but here is a new one growing!!!
Trying to clean up the front/side yard.  I filled up 2 green bins and hardly made a dent with the clean up:
And, the garbage truck only picked up one of the two full bins.  Why??!  At least the side yard is looking slightly better on the one side (right side, if you're trying to figure out which one. Ha!).  Hmm... Maybe I need to add more colorful plants in here, looking sort of dull especially with all the ivy too:
Trying to grow more things for the veggie garden!  The bean plant is slowly sprouting:
That's it for now!  The smoke was bad over the weekend, then it got better, but then worse again today.  So I'm limiting my time outside.  Hopefully the two fires near us will get contained soon.  Fingers crossed for all the Fire-fighters and people that are effected!

No comments: