Thursday, September 17, 2020

No potatoes! :-(

 After 2 months of love, water, and care, we were ready to finally harvest our homegrown potatoes last weekend.  This special bag with the velcro pocket should make it easier:

After a little bit of digging.... and then, a little more digging,... and then a whole lot more digging...
NO potatoes!!! Not a single one??! How did that happen??? We have a sad Charlie as I had him come out and help me:
I just don't understand how this happened.  Hmmm... the plant grew from the potato eyes and then every time the plant grew taller, I would add more soil and then repeat basically.  All I found in the pile of dirt were 2 remnants of the potato chunks where the plants were growing from.  Booo hooo... :-(
I haven't really looked up on the internet yet as to what went wrong.  How can growing potatoes be so difficult when they are selling them so cheaply at the supermarket??? Looks like we will need to try this again next season!  Or just buy them from the supermarket.  It's definitely a lot cheaper and a lot less sweat.  Ha ha!!!

No comments: