Monday, September 14, 2020

So hot!!!

It was so super hot the weekend before last.  I'm just looking at the photos I had taken. Thank goodness we have some better insulation in the attic because it was still 88F in the front living room!
And then, 2 hours and a minute later,  it was 90F inside the house and it jumped from 102F to 108F outside??! YIKES!!!
By 3pm, it was 92F inside and 111F outside.  Super Yikes!!!   Thankfully that was as bad as it got and obviously we were just indoors all day and the AC in the backroom was on full blast:
It got so hot that our candles on the back porch totally melted!  The other teal colored one melted and totally fell off the stand:
I thought I had bought citronella candles for our new candle stand but ended up just buying regular ones.  So then I bought these citronella candles in these pretty blue tins:
I set it up like this first:
But then the boys set it up like this:
I guess I will let them have it their way :-P

We finally decided to get some new mini-split AC units installed in the front room and also in Graham's room.  Right now, we are waiting for the city permits to be approved before installation can start.  Hopefully that will be in the next week or so, and hopefully we won't have to deal with another one of these hot spells between now and then!  But in the meantime, we are having some bad quality air from the fires around us.  Gosh, what a year it has been so far :-(


No comments: