Monday, September 7, 2020

More stenciling

It didn't take long for me to get the stenciling bug again.  I know, I said I didn't want to overdo it, but I just couldn't help myself.  Plus, if we get tired of it we could just paint right over it, right?

I actually ordered some new stencils.  Shhh... don't tell Bobby :-P

I used the same four colors that I had used above the stove.  But it seems like the blue-ish/green is the exact color as this kitchen peninsula.  So I had to go over it and just stick with 3 colors - the dark blue (front door), grey (house trim), and the new pink color:
I figured I'd start from the corner.  So far so good! It's a bit bold perhaps but I like it! :-)
Now I just have to stencil this entire peninsula.  Maybe I shouldn't have started.  Ha ha!
The boys are having their Distance Learning/online school so it's been stop and go, stop and go with this project:
More than halfway done:
The next day... almost done!  Wow, our kitchen is really messy.  Ha ha!!!  I really wonder when our kitchen will be spotless.  Maybe when the kids move out :-D
Bobby was click-happy with my camera again.  The tricky part has been lining every one of these things up properly.  I even used my level, just to be sure:
Ta da!!!  I think it looks quite good, if you ask me :-)
The next day, I figured I had to finish up the other corner:
Charlie was sitting on this bench and then saying I should really finish up all the way to the very edge.  Ha!  
Well, I figured I'd leave that for now.  I think it looks okay, although now - looking at it again, maybe it does need to go all the way to the very edge???! Nah... I'm moving on to my next project, which is coming in the mail very soon.  Can't wait! :-)

No comments: