Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Music decals

I got tired of having the violins on the floor and also having the ukulele on my foot-stool.  Although, it was definitely convenient having the ukulele on the foot-stool as I would just open it up and strum a few strings occasionally :-)

I'm glad the hooks that I bought worked out, but somehow... something was just missing:

Here goes! Don't mind the curtain rods... I've been wanting to hang drapes for months, but somehow just haven't figured out the who, what, where, and how yet:
So in the meantime, here are the selection of decals.  So many!  I told Charlie to remind me not to over-do it (same rule as stenciling, I guess, he he):
Charlie is my little helper when it comes to decorating:
He was so careful and he wasn't quite sure where to put the decals, but he was like "I'm going to try it anyway and be creative."  Ha ha, I was so surprised by those words as he was not afraid to try different designs.  Too cute!
I really need to just paint over that white switch plate to the same color as the wall.  It sort of stands out a bit.  But nevertheless, here's our handy-dandy work!  I may have overdone it, just a tad.  So much for saving some of those decals.  Lol!!!
Ta da!!!  Here is our little music section, so to speak.  The violin on the top is the one that belongs to Graham and Charlie's great great grandfather.  And the violin below that is one that I have purchased 2nd-hand from someone from the neighborhood App, along with the ukulele (bottom right).  I think we are just missing a guitar.  I have one more space/spot above the ukulele, so that why I can cover up the ugly switch plate too :-)
We have so many of Graham's old violins sitting around - both the 1/4 size and the 1/2 size.  I should probably try and sell them??  It could at least take care of some of my spending habits :-P

No comments: