Sunday, June 28, 2020

Wood working?

We (as in me and the boys) picked up a whole bunch of pieces of wood last week.  It was for free from a lady that lived not too far from us.  Ya... I'm still scouting out free stuff online.  Ha ha!  Here's our "stash":
I think all I needed was some shim - like small thin pieces of wood to level up the ac unit.  But then I thought I might need a few more large pieces of wood to try and stabilize our pergola in the back.  The pergola is really wobbly and I'm trying to hang our outdoor swing chair on it.

The boys also wanted to build a few things so I started trimming a few pieces of wood for Charlie.  What a pain though with a hand saw!
A few days later, we have an electric hand saw!  But it doesn't do very deep cuts so we're having to make multiple cuts. And oh, it's super loud too!  Still, a lot easier than the hand saw.
Graham found his apron from years ago.  I wish I had a photo of him when he was wearing it then as the apron is looking pretty small now:
Graham says he is building something for "Fluffy" - his favorite stuffed toy-animal:
It's like mini size!
We've taken some time off recently from wood-working as I have been busy trying to fix up the drywall around the new ac unit.  It's almost done!  Hopefully the paint will go on it nicely.  Fingers crossed!!!

No comments: