Monday, June 15, 2020

Happy birthday to me ~ June 12

Yes, it was my birthday last Friday.  Sheeeshh... 44 years old!  Last year, I told the boys I was 34 and the year before that I told the boys I was 24.  Looks like either way, I can't swap the numbers around anymore from here on out!  Well, as they say - it's just a number but I always think back about when I was a kid and my mom was in her 40s.  That's like me now with Graham and Charlie! And I'm also getting far-sighted now so I have a combination of near-sightedness AND far-sightedness.  You ask how that's possible?  Well, I can even prove it with my contact lenses.  I actually have to cheat with a bifocal lens in my left eye.  Ha ha!

Okay, I've probably given away too much information there. Anyway, started my birthday morning with a guilt-free sleep in.  Yes, I do love my sleep-ins. I'm glad there are no more 9am Zoom calls for the kids.  Yes, it really was that difficult to even get ready for those.  Ha ha!
Bobby bought me some biscotti a few days ago and the minute he handed those to me, he said "Happy Birthday!".  Ha ha, he does know the way to my heart with food :-)

Looks like the theme this year with birthday cards is Star Wars.  And the newspaper wrapping paper continues to be a hit!
A new camera! Yay!!!  I did mention to Bobby that I wanted a new camera, but this one is too big :-\  Bobby said this one has all the bells and whistles and has a really good review, but I'm not sure how it will fit in my back pocket when we are out and about:
So before solving that problem, we watch a live Zoom call from the Natural History Museum.  They are in the Butterfly Pavilion.  Learned some interesting facts such as... Did you know that butterflies have ears in their wings??!
Looks like I may have found my new camera :-)  And while I'm at it, I am also going to paint my nails.  Don't do that very often but a birthday would seem like a good day to do it:
Bobby said it's Tiffany blue.  Maybe I was subconsciously trying to send him a message???
I decided to put on some sparkly specks as well.  Almost like a robin's egg now that I look at this photo again:
Okay,... after lunch it's off to the backyard.  Oh, I had to make my own lunch and the boys' lunch.  How did that happen???  Anyway, here's my view from the hammock this afternoon.  Look at those wispy clouds!
Two thumbs up from Mommy! Yay!!!  The hammock is mostly Bobby's spot but today, it is mine :-D
Trying to tan up my "flip-flop" tan line.  Gone are the days of the golfing sock tan line! Gosh, mine was really bad when I was golfing fulltime:
Coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon:
Now I'm just going to watch Graham and Charlie play on the slip-and-slide:
So glad there's two of them to entertain themselves:
How is it that there's always a competition though? I had to give them a score (out of 10) as to who's "trick" was better on the slip-and-slide.  Of course, it was never quite the perfect 10 so they would just keep trying:
And we finally broke the glass jar that Graham was growing crystals in.  We did lose quite a few crystals but most of the base was intact.  Maybe another crystal growing kit is in our future:
I think this is the first time I'm actually looking at the boys' faces next to each other in a photo - without them making any funny faces.  They have both grown up so much! And they both look so different from each other.  I'm not sure why people would ask if they are twins? Although they both have my stubby nose and Charlie is catching up in height to Graham!

Charlie made me a happy face for me.  Awwww...
Yup, you guessed it - take out from our favorite Chinese restaurant again!
It's nice to be able to sit outside on the back patio.  This is pretty much our larger formal dining room.  I think that's how we will have to advertise it when we sell the house as the dining area inside is not too big. Wish I could get a banquet in there too, that would be so nice!  Yes dear... I will slow my creative mind down now :-P

Time for bundt cake!  I received an email to pick up a free bundt cake but how could I leave with only one??!  So, there's carrot, lemon, red velvet, and of course chocolate choc-chip. YUM!!!
Charlie wanted to soooo badly eat one of these cakes even before my birthday and I said no.  Well, he ate most of my carrot one even though I told him to save it for me for later.  Little stinker!
It was a team effort to get the candles lit on this windy day:
A quick birthday song! And still not quick enough to blow out my candles.  Ha ha!
At least Graham is still willing to share some of his bundt cake:
Unlike this "Ham".  LOL!!!
One last pressie to open.  I told the boys they can buy me a pair of therapeutic slippers:
Well, I did eventually pick them out online.  Graham says it looks very "sciencey":
Weirdly enough, the slippers have changed up my posture a bit.  My belly is more tucked in and my tailbone is also more tucked in.  And I can also feel the weight on my feet shift back more towards the inside/center of  my body - since I do have a tendency to walk with the weight along the outside of my feet.  That's the "walking like a duck" thing when I was pregnant with Graham.  Ha ha!
Anyway, super sciencey for sure!!!  The only thing is I can only wear the slippers for about 5-10 minutes at a time as they really hurt the bottom of my feet!

Well, one more birthday left to go this year and that's Charlie's.  Poor kid has to wait through all of ours and that's probably a lot for an almost 8-year old.  Three birthday within a one month span. Phew! And I'll have to think up what to buy for this kid.  So many different demands.  Kids these days, I tell you!

No comments: