Friday, June 26, 2020

Installing ac unit - Part 1.5

I'm calling this Part 1.5 because it looks like I forgot to add a few more pics from my last "adventure" with the ac installation.  This is what happened to the walls once the old ac sleeve/frame was removed - all ragged and torn:
And with the magic of blogging... Ta da!!!  Nice and straight and clean lines now:
Thanks to... (drum roll please) my new handy-dandy drywall utility saw.  The teeth on this thing is SHARP!
Perfect square!  This spot would have been a good window. *Hint *Hint:
Once the ac unit was in the sleeve, I had to anchor everything to the wall.  I decided to use my drill since now that the battery is all charged up, I am ready to go!  Except perhaps I got overly excited because I totally stripped the screw that I was trying to get into the wood!  NOOOOoooo...!!!!
It took me all morning trying different methods to get these screw up - from a rubber band to banging another screw with a hammer into this one, you name it! Well, once all else had failed, it was another trip to the store.  So, here is Option #1:
There were 4 sizes of these fancy screw bits and by the time I got done with bit #3 and the stripped screw was still not out, I thought I would try the new pair of locking pliers:
It was tedious but Yay!!! The stripped screw is out! But by this time, I think it was like 3 or 4pm and I was totally mentally and physically exhausted:
Graham was totally excited though because he requested that I buy an electric saw for our wood-cutting projects:
I'm so excited too because this saw can cut tiles too.  Muuuahahaha...!!! The possibilities are endless now! :-D

No comments: