Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Happy Father's Day (June 21)

So many things going on these last 30 days... Graham's birthday, then Bobby's birthday, then my birthday, and now Father's Day??!  Phew!!!  I'm running out of ideas for gifts!  I did see this idea online,... good thing we had some rocks in the front yard to spare :-)
Well, it's a busy day today!  To start, we bought a new shower-head for the master bathroom:
Thankfully, the "plumber" showed up:
Then, I found these outdoor pull-down screens, which I thought was fairly reasonable priced:
The "handyman" showed up to put that up too - on the same day!  Isn't Bobby so lucky (and spoiled)?!
The "handyman" also had to do some wood-working for the frame where the new air-conditioning unit will go:
I'm pretty sure I cut it to the correct length.  Ha ha!!!
Anyway, "handyman" is taking a break now.  Time for Daddy's present!
Yup!  Another drone!  But this one has a camera.  Bobby thinks it's all his:
... but he is so wrong. I'll let him believe that for a few more minutes here.  I think he is negotiating here with Graham and Charlie:
Well, Graham is already taking charge of putting it together and Charlie got the battery charging:
I'm just happy I didn't have to cook again.  Yay!!! Although I did send Bobby to the wrong restaurant to pick up the takeout.  Oops!  Let's just say I gave him some "alone time" in his car.  You're welcome! :-P
Charlie is not wasting any of that chocolate drizzled biscotti:
Graham says this drone is so much easier to fly.  He even managed to land it on Bobby's hand!
And I'm happy to say that we haven't lost the drone yet.   Although, we did lose Graham's birthday drone 2 houses down.  It literally is in "Raccoon Land" i.e. in our neighbor's neighbor's ivy shrub :-(

At the end of the night, the boys insisted on s'mores.  I think that really made Bobby's day - to show the boys how to build a fire and poke at it with a stick.  Exactly what he loves to do!
Happy Father's Day!  We love you!  You are OUR ROCK! XOX

No comments: