Thursday, June 18, 2020

Backyard hardscape update

Seems like there is always a lot going on in the backyard.  I think it's mostly because we spend most of our time out there and I am just still not happy with it!

I've decided to add on to this one paved area.  These pavers were what was around the trampoline.  Obviously too dangerous if the boys plan to land OUTSIDE of the trampoline net!
Graham's little red wheelbarrow really comes in handy :-)
I was trying to make it more curved but it just didn't work out that way, so this will have to do.  For now, at least:
In the meantime, I've purchased some flexible rubber border edging.  A bit pricey but it really does the trick!  Especially if we want a softer landing for the boys:
Looks pretty good! And supposedly it should be just at the same height as the grass so the mower can go through it with no issues:
At least that's what it's advertising.  Knowing Graham and Charlie, they will probably just mow right OVER the edge and shred the rubber into pieces!

A lovely sky last night.  So glad we have this yard!
And as much as we complain about all the things that need fixin' in this house, we love it.  Even if it looks like a tornado went through it.  It's so messy and somehow I just can't seem to get to the mess?  As one of my plaque says "Don't mind the mess, my children are creating memories."  :-)

No comments: