Friday, May 29, 2020

Trips to the Botanic Garden

We have been spending a lot of our weekends at the South Coast Botanic Garden this past couple of months.  Eventhough the beaches and trails and parks have reopened, Bobby and I are still not quite comfortable in mingling with too many people.  But the Botanic Gardens continues to have timed entries - only so many people every hour.  And the grounds are quite vast so we don't have to get too close to anyone at all!
We have to mask up now for the Gardens:
This is a new "Living Wall".  Isn't it so cool!
Check out these artichoke plants.  They are so tall!
And so pretty!
The rose bushes here are almost always in full bloom:
We find a nice big tree and a good shady spot to just hang out.  And literally, just hang...
Such monkeys:
Here's my view looking up from a very comfy position laying on the ground.  Ha ha!
On another trip,... we are now geared up with some fancy masks.  Thank you Grandma and Pop-pop!
It's always amazing what else is blooming at every trip.  Pretty Fuchsias:
I forgot to take a photo of the description of this flower, but ain't it so pretty too? There were hundreds of them:
I really do love purple too :-)
Water break!
 We decided to check out the fig trees this time.  It's always cooler in here:
Family we-fie!  This photo I think will be one to remember during these times - one for our Memory Photo wall:
Look at the roots of these fig trees!!!
Just glad no one twisted their ankle!  And after a while, we've parked ourselves under a nice shady spot.  And again, here's my view looking up from the ground :-)
Well, I'm not the only one taking a little nap.  Ha!  And never leave home without chips!!!
After a little while, we walk some more... see more amazing and interesting looking trees.  I told Bobby that our tree in the backyard should be looking like this (photo below) in the next few years.  Ha ha!  I'm surprised he didn't tell me to dig it up right away :-P
Okay, maybe more like 20 or 30 years. I'm not exactly sure.  We'll just let the new owners deal with it then.  He he...

Under another shady tree!  Ahhh.... life is good :-)

No comments: