Saturday, May 16, 2020

New security door

We've been wanting to get a new security door for the longest time.  I think it was basically when it started getting warmer during our first year in this house.  Always wanted to get that nice cross-breeze and the combination of an open window and box fan just wasn't doing much anymore.  I think I mentioned that it was 90F in the house a few weeks ago!  I hope this summer won't be that bad.  YIKES!

So here is our new security!  We love LOVE it!  Although I did already have to use some WD40 on a squeaky hinge today.  Hopefully that will be the only upkeep!
I looked at so many doors online and somehow the reviews on the installation provided by the regular home improvements stores here weren't too great.  Then, I looked up a couple other specialty stores in and around the area and ended up with a store that made wooden security doors.  I was this close to pulling the trigger and then I realized that the company did not install.  They recommended an installer and this guy, who came by to measure, ended up selling us a door instead.  Ha!  I wonder if that company knows how many businesses they are losing out from their own installer!

Anyway, Bobby and I agreed on this one almost instantly when we were presented with the brochure.  Although it was a pretty easy decision as there were only 2 security doors available versus 8 other regular screen doors. LOL!!!  The decision on the color was quick and easy too and Charlie also approved on everything :-)
The door was installed within the week after the guy came by the house for measurements.  Woohoo!!! Compared to the 6-8 week timeline that was provided for the wooden security door just to custom-build it.  The installer did accidentally trip on our stoop.  Oops!!! Glad he didn't hurt himself.  That wouldn't have been so good.  We are instantly enjoying this cross-breeze every day now and Bobby can't stop staring at the door even from the back patio during dinner time. Ha ha! :-)

No comments: