Sunday, May 3, 2020

Organizing sewing box

I bought this old sewing box years ago when we lived in Broken Arrow (Tulsa, Oklahoma between 2009 to 2014).  Well, I'm not exactly sure how old it is.  I did get it at an antique store.  Gosh, I loved that store! Anyway, here it is.  It has a stamp on the inside that says it's made in Norway:
Ohhh... I'm looking it up online now and it's probably made in the 50s or 60s - accordion style.  Looks like it could be as low as $65 or over $200!  Hmm... I don't remember how much I had paid for it - maybe around $50?  Anyway, it's not going anywhere. I love it and I think maybe Charlie has already claimed it!

I was trying to transfer some of my other sewing things from this box into the wooden box.  I love this country-themed box too :-)
And look what I found inside!  I was going to sew Graham some little boots with fabric that matched our winter pajama pants.  Almost 10 years later and doesn't seem like I got very far! LOL!!!
I suppose this is why they call the sewing box "Accordion" style:
Graham was sitting on this box when I had walked away for a few minutes.  Thankfully it was fully closed when he sat on it and thankfully he didn't break it!  I don't think Bobby would let me pay over $100 for this!

Well, now that this is done, I need to find my other sewing boxes or more like sewing storage boxes.  Who knows what is growing in those bins in the garage.  Ha ha!!!

No comments: