Thursday, May 7, 2020

Random happenings

A couple of weeks ago, I had the boys do a few chores around the house.  Look what Graham wrote at the very bottom.  He added: "Stop yelling - Mommy" and instead of the check mark for "done" he put an "X" as Mommy did not stop yelling.  Haha! Stinker!
I don't understand what these boys do to their sports equipment.  For example, this badminton racket.  What on earth?!?
And look what I managed to do to our portable fireplace heater.  I plugged it into a surge protector and the 2-prong adapter melted!
I contacted the seller and they replied that it CLEARLY says in the instructions not to plug the heater into a surge protector.  Hmm... I guess I missed it even though it was written CLEARLY??!  Hmm... I know we probably can't use the surge protector again but maybe the heater is still okay???  Well, at least we are not needing it until the next cold season!
Ants!!!  Thankfully they are outside but they created this nice trail on the newly painted wall.  YIKES!!!
I did have some ant bait and looks like they are dwindling down a bit.  As long as they are not inside the house!  We have so many crumbs under the dining table all the time.  Fingers crossed the ants will never find them!

Looks like the boys have adopted Bobby's habit of leaving things open.  Grrr...  and I know this is one of the boys because Bobby does not leave the knife in the jar.  Only the boys do that:
I love LOVE this Hello Kitty card that my Mother-in-law sent to me.  Too cute! Especially when it is playing the ukelele too.  I'm still working on the same song on the ukelele although I haven't had a chance to practice these past few days. I put Kitty on the cabinet where I have the coffee mugs so I see her every day and it brightens my day just that little bit :-)
Now that the temperature is nice outside, Bobby has moved his "office" outside:
Although it has been hot these last couple of days.  I haven't yet turned on the air conditioner while Bobby is working outside.  The A/C has a consistent good squeak after every 5 minutes or so. Weird... but I'm not sure if Bobby will appreciate it I turned it on as the unit is just outside near his work table a.k.a our outside dining table.

Anyway,... moving on to what homeschooling videos we've been watching.  This one was from Charlie's 2nd Grade teacher.  I'm guessing it is somewhat Science related? The kids were assigned to build a structure from paper that is as tall as a long ruler.  This guy was pretty impressive with his card-stacking skills! 
I finally baked a cake last week - a 2-egg sponge cake and I mushed a banana into it.  Half white, half brown sugar, and half regular All Purpose flour and half whole wheat flour. And then, I dotted it with some chocolate on the top.  YUM!!!  It sure makes a difference when you soften the butter first and than also have the eggs at room temperature:
Okay, that's it for now! :-)

No comments: