Saturday, May 30, 2020

More work on that Drain

Sooooo.... yes, it's that dreaded drain again.  Hopefully this might be it, but then again I can't really tell how well it is working after the next rain.  And who knows when that might be!

Well, if anything I really needed to fix these pavers that were leaning against our neighbor's fence.  The weight of the gravel and not getting these pavers deep enough was an issue:
I couldn't quite get the pavers much deeper but I was able to see why the water was overflowing.  So... back to "open surgery" with this thing where I had to get all those gravel up and pull up the weed/landscape fabric.  Hopefully by making it slightly deeper and wider might work??!
If anything, at least the pavers are all lined up in a straight line and not leaning against the neighbor's fence:
What am I going to do with all this dirt now???
I also fixed the area where the overflow of the rain barrel is.  Again...
And during this time, I was asking Charlie to sweep up all the purple flowers that had fallen on our driveway.  Not sure if he has the correct technique there.  Ha ha!
These trees are so pretty... but so messy!!!
Well, I've figured out what to do with all that extra dirt.  I've decided to fill up the drain that the boys and I dug up!  Ya,.. this drain hasn't really seen a lick of water so I figured I'd go ahead and just close it up:
If anything, there are still gravel at the very bottom so in a sense, it is still a drain. In my mind, at least. LOL!!!
By the way, here is what the Graham and Charlie left me on the driveway.  Doesn't look like much progress.  Ha!
I pulled some extra flowers from the garden and planted that on top of the drain:
I finally made a trip to the local hardware store yesterday - my first real trip out to a store since the last 2-3 months!!!  It was nice to have some alone time outside of the house.  I picked up some mulch and also some more gravel.  Ta da!!!  I think it looks pretty good :-)
So for now, just waiting for the next rain :-)

No comments: