Sunday, May 31, 2020

Happy 50th Birthday, Bobby! May 30 ~ Part 2

I can't believe my hubby has turned 50 years old!  He still acts like a big kid though.  Ha ha! Well, if anything - Daddy wins this award of "Best Farter Ever".  Oh wait, we meant "Father" :-)
The morning started with Daddy making pancakes for Graham and Charlie.  So, business as usual eventhough it's Bobby's special day:
Wow,... looks like it was a tough morning for Daddy :-P
Okay, we will let that nap slide but back to work!
Getting the boys to wash the car too???  I'm not sure if they are actually getting all the dirty spots cleaned or just making a mess of getting hard water spots on all the glass.  Hmmm....
Job well done boys!  The yard looks awesome as Graham does his "dab":
So it seems that the "dab" has been around since 2015! As per the internet, dabbing has been used as a gesture of triumph or playfulness.  Just in case you were wondering :-)

Bobby is crazing for spicy wontons so he drives out for Take Out at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants.  And the only way to get the Take Out is to actually walk into the mall, to get to the Chinese restaurant.  Bobby took this photo - look how empty it is!  Obviously everything is still closed:
A little while later... family we-fie.  Dinner is served!
Yay to me for not having to cook but I did offer to cook gnocchi.  I guess it didn't sound as appetizing as spicy wonton with rice. Ha ha!
After dinner and clean-up, it's time to bring out the birthday cake or actually a pie.  I made Bobby a cherry-strawberry pie with homemade crust.  I used vegan butter for the crust and it was really difficult to roll!  So it was quite the task to get it even put together, but somehow I managed.  Since I couldn't roll out the top, I decided to just put the chunks of crust to cover as much as the top as possible:
Time to sing Happy Birthday!  
Here is the video of the birthday song: https://youtu.be/b9uahmLD_eg
Yes, you did hear Charlie say "Awesome Daddy" and Bobby chiming in with "Totally awesome Daddy, in every way...!"  Yes, totally humble :-)

I love how Graham and Charlie automatically participates in the candle-blowing task:
And total participation in the gift unwrapping task too:
Another fancy smart watch! Just like the one that Graham got for his birthday.  Charlie is sad because he doesn't have one... yet:
I totally forgot that I had bought Bobby these new fancy lightweight bendable, good for computer blue light fancy (wait, I said that already) schmancy reading glasses:
Looks like the glasses work??!
On to the next gift... The Financial Times has been great wrapping paper lately :-)
The boys printed out some birthday cards for Daddy:
And they also wrote a poem each for daddy.  Brought some tears to Daddy's eyes!
I actually copied an idea that I saw online.  I seem to be good at copying stuff. Don't ask me for any original ideas.  Ha ha!  Here it is, all drawn out using a light-up tracing pad - the typewriter part:
Here are the boys' poems:
I actually wrote Bobby a poem too - in a Haiku style.  Here goes:

Daddy
Always farting
And lots of loud burps too
Happy 50th Birthday
Love you!

So romantic, isn't it - in my own little way.  Ha ha!

And one final gift - these I have been saving for a really really long time.  I had purchased these even before moving to this house, so more than 1.5 years ago!
I had purchased them at one of the library book sales.  It's called "Abraham Lincoln - The War Years by Carl Sandburg".  There are 4 volumes of it:
I think Bobby really appreciated these!  He is such a history buff and for whatever reason, when I saw these years ago on a shelf - they just seemed like a perfect gift for a milestone occasion.  It's just too bad they are not the first edition.  Otherwise they would be worth about $600!!!

Happy 50th birthday, honey!  We love you!!! XOX

No comments: