Thursday, May 14, 2020

Happy Mother's Day - Part 1

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  I think this year the moms deserve a lot more than previous years as we are all working overtime due to the Coronavirus! :-P

I've made this Part 1 because for Mother's Day this year, I thought that maybe we could send Grandma a collection of art and poems instead of ordering something online.  Graham and Charlie have had some recent art projects that were quite fun and Graham has been really busy writing poems for his 4th Grade class.  So here goes: This first one was actually assigned by Charlie's teacher as an optional art project.  Here's an ordinary fish:
... which becomes an angry fish!  I love Charlie's expression. Ha ha!
Graham decided to make a fish too, but he folded his paper in a different way.  Again, an ordinary fish:
... into a vicious fish that gets eaten by a bigger fish, that gets eaten by another bigger fish, and another! Clever!
Well, I thought I would get involved too - something for Bob's mom for Mother's Day.  A regular vase:

... into a vase of flowers!  Bobby drew the flowers - I thought he was rather creative :-)
And since Pop-pop's birthday is coming up soon too, I thought I'd try another funny art/creature as well for a birthday card:
I couldn't really figure out what the turtle would eat, so perhaps a pun on words with "Whale of a time" and Charlie drew the little krill by the whale's mouth.  Ha ha, cute!
And here comes all the poems.  This one is Graham's "haiku" poem for Grandma:
Charlie wrote a couple of poems too:
His first/top one reads:
Like a turtle, 
slow and steady,
You will still reach, 
your love.

Hmm... I think he meant to write "our love" at the very end.

And Charlie's second/bottom poem reads:

Like a diamond in the sky,
Shining bright like a star.

Hmm... sounds like a familiar song :-)

I told Charlie to write another poem for Pop-Pop's birthday but he ended up doing the same thing as he did for Grandma.  I guess his creative juices ended after all that writing for Grandma. LOL!!!
I forgot to ask Charlie exactly what sort of creature he drew here.  Any ideas??!

Last week was also Teacher's Appreciation Week and we had to take photos for the boys' teachers.  I thought this were also perfect for Mother's/Grandma's Day!
These are the pink roses from our garden.  I didn't want to cut them off so I had Graham and Charlie get close to them.  I'm just glad no one got any ouchies from the thorns!
We put everything into 2 separate books for Grandma and Pop-pop including some memorable photos. The package arrived a day after Mother's Day and we were successful in causing some happy tears.  Love you both, Grandma and Pop-pop!!!

No comments: