Thursday, July 30, 2020

Recent happenings

I told Bobby to get me some baking soda, which I normally use for baking.  I was totally amused when he brought home this super value size one.  Ha ha!  Well, I guess I have no reason not to use baking soda for cleaning now:
Yes, my husband loves me. Look what he brought back from the supermarket. Plenty of biscotti to stock up my cravings.  Ha ha!
My blue-light blocking glasses finally arrived!  I'm not really seeing much of a difference when I work on my computer, but if they truly say they work, then so be it.  I believe everything I read on the internet :-P
I've been making fun of Charlie's ears lately.  I don't know why his ears flap out a little more than me and Bobby.  Neither one of us has ears like that.  Well, Charlie is truly quite the character on his own.  Can't believe this little monkey is going to be 8 years old tomorrow!
Only this kid can pull off this look :-D
It was cool enough last week for us to actually have a fire.  And of course, when we have a fire, we always have s'mores!
Charlie loves to just char his marshmallow.  Ha ha.... Charlie and char.  Maybe that's why.  Ha ha!
Graham and Charlie are constantly arguing about who is stealing whose money.  So eventually, I decided to just create a ledger for the boys - teaching them about debit and credit.  We'll see how it all goes:
We had a recent trip to Big Bear this past week so in order to prepare for our few days there, I decided to make some more masks from an old t-shirt.  Charlie didn't seem to like this shirt anymore for whatever reason.  I was able to cut up 6 more mask - 2 each for me, Charlie, and Graham.  And looks like I can make 2 more for Bobby.  Funny enough, we were complimented on it during our trip!
Finally decided to buy an air fryer!  I've been thinking about getting one for the longest time.  Well, it's been a couple of weeks and it's still sitting in the box.  Ha ha!
And I totally forgot to use it when I was frying up some perogies the other day:
I will eventually use the air fryer.  I promise!  And actually the boys have been asking too about using it.  I really need to clean up some part of the kitchen counter first so there is actually some space to set it.  Maybe I can put some of the other smaller appliances in the garage??? I was just in the garage today and believe it or not, I did actually see some shelf space in there.  Now that's an idea ;-D

And oh, here's the overwatering.  Booo hoooo...!!! 
And yes, after returning from our roadtrip, the lavender v2.0 is officially dead :-(

I finally figured out how to put up some family photos and cards on this one side of the kitchen cabinet.  Cork potholders/trivets!  And I glued on a couple of little baby clothes pegs too which I've hoarded throughout my lifetime.  Ha ha!
I had used this idea on our bedroom wall in Abu Dhabi as the wall was concrete and I couldn't put up any photos.  So I taped about 7 to 8 of these cork potholders on the wall and it worked perfectly!  Now to find the rest of them. I'm guessing it's still in some sort of box in the garage??? Or did I give them away?  Grrrr.... looks like I will eventually have to go through ALL the boxes to find out.  Blah!  By the time I get through the last box, I swear Bobby is going to tell me it is time to move again!

No comments: