Sunday, July 12, 2020

Finishing up ac unit install (Part 3 ~ Final)

This is it!  Home stretch in finishing up the new ac install.  Here is what's left that we have to deal with:
I was trying to figure out how to close up this hole since I needed to make sure the stucco doesn't stick to the ac unit sleeve. So I decided to put a plank across the bottom.  A little bowed but maybe that's ok:
And then, I decided to use more of the leftover drywall: 
But making sure the backpart of it was facing this outer wall:
And then, based on all the videos I've watched, you're suppose to put some water-proofing fabric and then some wire to hold the stucco together.  Since we're under the roof, I decided to take the chance of not putting the water-proofing fabric.  I didn't have any wire but did find some these rust-proof self-adhesive wall repair patch:
The stucco seems to be sticking.  Yay!!!
My stucco pattern is not really matching what's on the outside wall.  Hmmm....
It needed a second coat of stucco and I am trying my best to blend everything in.  And then, time to paint! 
The paint has been sitting for so long, there's a layer of oil on the top.  Thankfully everything mixed up pretty nicely.  Had some fun making some cool pattern while stirring :-)
The paint is a perfect match! Just a little bit more to go. My new stucco pattern doesn't quite blend in, but at least the big hole is no longer there:
I just have to seal up the sides between the wall and ac unit sleeve and we are all done!  I hope I don't have to drag another ac down the driveway.  Ha ha! 
In my mind, I had this old ac unit on the dolly accidentally slipping out of my grip and going down the hill onto the main street.  Glad it didn't happen!

The boys won't be able to peek through anymore:
... or throw anything through the hole in the wall either:
So glad this is all fixed up!  The weather has really been heating up.  The timing of getting the ac installed couldn't have come at a better time on top of getting the new insulation in the attic in the front room.  It's still a bit warm but much better than what it was before in that front room.  102F outside and a constant 85F in the front room.  Normally we would be in the 90s in the house! Phew!!!
Maybe we need a new ceiling fan in the front room? We can't afford a nice split unit ac yet.  But maybe a ceiling fan with a mister would be good?  Ha ha!  Just kidding.  Boys would be in their speedos all day if we did that.  LOL!!!

No comments: