Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Blue-light blocking glasses

I had bought a couple of new pairs of readers for Bobby for his birthday.  And those had blue-light blocking tint on it for computer use.  I didn't think too much of it but Bobby really liked his new readers.  Recently I saw a friend's posting on social-media and her son had a pair of glasses on and they were just blue-light blocking glasses.  I don't know why I didn't even think about getting those for the boys!

Well, Graham will need new prescription glasses with blue-light blocking tint.  So he will have to wait until his next eye exam.  I did purchase these cute blue ones for Charlie:
He looks so cute in them!  And he really likes them - so much so that he even wears them for breakfast.  Ha ha!
He has forgotten to wear them occasionally so I do have to remind him to put them on especially when he plays on the computer.  I've just ordered a new pair for myself too but I'll only be able to wear them when I have my contact lens on.  We'll see how well they work.  Supposedly blue light can cause macular degeneration of the eye as it penetrates all the way to the retina.  Yikes! No harm trying them out I suppose.

No comments: