Thursday, July 16, 2020

Recent happenings

Lots of recent happenings!  Let's see... where should I start?  Yup, skateboarding anyone?  I told the boys to practice.  After falling flat on his face, Graham decided to call it a day.  Maybe that will remind him to put on his wrist guards too next time:
Somehow a bug/pest ate right through one of my tomatoes!
I have been able to pick some better looking tomatoes for some tomato-mozzarella sandwiches.  Yum!
The weather was so warm last week that we brought out the slip-and-slide a couple of times.  Boys had so much fun!
We've ordered a mini blow-up pool.  It should be arriving this week or so.  Hopefully that will get the boys outside more instead of playing indoors on their tablet.  Although, this is the mess I have to deal with when I do tell them to get off all electronics:
Blanket forts!  That or Graham and Charlie will make me bake something.  The last was an apple pie  and they actually were able to create the lattice work.  Well done!
I've decided to put these privacy window films on Graham's window.  The bottom part of the window gets some of the sun during the day so hopefully the 95% UV prevention from this film might help keep some of that heat out of his room too:
You're probably wondering what this is. I had a hammer handy since I was trying to get these cacti standing upright by staking it.  But since they kept toppling over I made the cacti shorter by hammering the top part of it off.  I know, sounds pretty brutal!  I promise to be nice to it next time :-\
We were back on the golf course again last week.  The boys were actually bodyboarding all morning and I was trying to take a photo of their sunburnt cheeks.  You can't really see it here though but trust me, their cheeks were sunburnt for sure - especially Charlie!  Thankfully I had some aloe vera at home to take care of their precious faces/skin:
Nothing like getting the boys to wash the car during the weekend!  Looks like they earned $5 each from doing this chore:
Except the got the minivan pretty drenched too, so once they were done with Daddy's car, the minivan had to get cleaned up too!
I ended up having to dry the minivan though.  How did that happen??!
Our new car cover for the minivan finally showed up!  The boys didn't really do a good job cleaning up the car, especially the top part of the minivan - which no one can reach unless on a stool.  So, Bobby actually had to take the car through the carwash the next day so I could put the cover on after that.  Perfect snug fit!
I've been trying to organize some of the unopened boxes in the garage and also moving a few things around.  Look!!!  I can actually see the garage floor!!! Yay :-)
Remember the time after installing the new light fixture above the dining room table, I was left with a hook in the ceiling? Well, I did this :-)
I'm trying to convince Bobby to let me put a fish in that bowl.  The bowl is actually the glass from the previous pendant light.  Wouldn't it be so cool to have a fish in there??! Yes???! :-D

A couple of pretty roses from the garden today.  Here's the red one:
And this one is super special - pinkish and yellowish.  So pretty!  The stalk of this rose is almost like over 4ft tall!
Here's a new addition to the household - a traditional Chinese embroidered art piece.  We don't actually have a lot of Chinese artwork so I'm glad I came upon this online.  I was able to get it for a really good price:
Cranes are generally meant to provide good Feng Shui in terms of good health, longevity, and wealth.   And the cranes are always drawn as a couple to symbolize a harmonious relationship. Hopefully all of these are true!
The art piece is already hung up in a perfect corner.  Love LOVE it!
Phew!  So many things going on!!!

No comments: