Sunday, July 19, 2020

Bodyboarding

The last couple of Mondays have been bodyboarding day for us.  I finally decided to brave up and get into the water on that second trip to bodyboard with the boys.  I really should do it more often. It was so much fun!

Graham and Charlie never ever waits for their Momma to get into the water.  The minute we hit the sand, they are off!!!  The boys almost look like they are posing for a bodyboard commercial, especially with their new crew haircuts.  Ha ha!
Okay,... I'm ready in my slightly "insulated" swim top:
I put on my insulated bottom/pants on too.  The water here is always so cold!  The boys make me look like a wimp.  Ha ha!

Graham is the expert here in bodyboarding.  He's got it down!  He is able to catch almost every wave and when he does, he is able to get himself all the way to shore.  How does he do it??!
Charlie, on the other hand, cheats by paddling with his arms to get to the shore:
And come to find out later, there is real no need to kick either!  Here's a video of of me and the boys that was taken by our friend that was also on the beach that day:


After my 2nd break, I decided to go back into the water one last time.  And somehow I figured out that I needed to actually push the front of my board down to let the wave continue carrying me to shore.  Who knew!!!  Well, Graham was trying to teach me to actually put the weight towards the back.  Well, I'm obviously a lot heavier than them so every time I did that, I wouldn't go very far!  It was so much fun catching the waves all the way to the shore.  Truly truly enjoyed those moments with my boys.  And here is Charlie once he discovered how to get all the way to shore too.  What a ham!!!
Graham decided to copy Charlie as well.  Too funny!
We were at the beach from about 10:30am until about 3-ish pm when all of a sudden, there seemed to be so many people at the beach!
This is a rather small beach too and with the tide coming in, the amount of beach/sand was getting smaller and smaller towards the rocks.  It definitely meant it was time for us to leave!  Didn't seem like many people were too bothered about not social distancing.  Am I the only one being paranoid about catching the Coronavirus?  A few kids were playing catch with a football, with a dog - running into our personal space. It got to a point that I finally had to put on my mask and get us all out of the area.  Phew!!!  Well, at least it was fun until that point. 

Definitely need to get out bodyboarding again with the boys.  Graham is already asking for a surf board.  Hmmm... we'll have to see what Santa says :-)

No comments: