Tuesday, July 7, 2020

New dining room light fixture

I had purchased this chandelier a few weeks ago - may have been over a month of so, but who's counting :-)  I didn't like the color so I had to spray paint it.  The prep is always such a pain:
Nice and shiny with the "hammered metal" look:
So here is the before... this is actually a pendant light, but our dining area is so small and the light fixture was on sale.  This is why I always end up paying more later because something is always on sale.  Ha!
Always safer to take a photo of what the before looks like so I know what to do with the new installation.  And I'm actually glad I did because I couldn't quite figure out which one was the ground wire and which was the neutral wire:
Bobby is click-happy with my camera phone.  I did end up standing on the dining table to get some more height. Glad it didn't break on me and glad I didn't drop anything fragile!
Before putting it all together, I figured I should just test to see if the light fixture is even working.  It is actually a used one (I need to stop shopping online!) but the money did go to a charity :-)  And yes, it works!!!
And a little while longer... ta da!!!  I do like the looks of this chandelier:
Although, its chain is a bit short and it is currently off centered from the dining table.  And there is still that hook up there from where the chain from the old light fixture used to hang.  I might hang a plant from that hook.  And perhaps I could use that big huge glass globe from the old light fixture??!! Now that's an idea :-D
 A couple more pendant light fixtures to hang in the bathrooms.  Baby steps... and I do have to pick a cooler day too to do this work.  I was sweating so badly in the house today.  I had to turn off the electricity from the box during installation so the fan/air-conditioner was not on. Phew!

No comments: