Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Hair donation #6

My mom has passed away 13 years ago now and every few years, I would grow my hair out and then once it's long enough (at least 8" long), I would donate it to charity.  My last buzz haircut was in March 2018.  So here we go again!
I think this is the longest that I've had my hair.  It takes me that extra effort to get to the end of it when I have to brush it with a hairbrush.  That's how I gauge how long my hair is getting. Ha ha!

All tied up in 4 ponytails and ready to go. No turning back now!
As you can tell, it's not all that glamorous:
Here's also a video to prove it:
 I must still be recovering from the pain as I'm not looking very happy here.  Ha ha!
Random photo of the photographer...or at least one of them :-)
I had just buzzed Graham and Charlie's hair earlier too, so everyone is getting a buzz today!
And yes, even Bobby.  He has been very supportive of my donation efforts and I love him for that:
I'm not sure how I ended up giving him a mohawk, but I did... :-D
Bobby's work/boss probably wouldn't approve his mohawk so I had to just keep going.  It was a good laugh at least for a little while :-)

Here is it... my 4 pony tails!
Family we-fie!  The boys are so goofy:
This year, I will be donating my hair to the Children with Hair Loss organization.  They are based in Michigan.  I had been donating to Pantene Beautiful Lengths the last 5 times but I just found out recently that it was decommissioned in 2018.  Supposedly it is cheaper to just produce synthetic wigs?  But I can't imagine it looking better than real hair.

Looks like we are into a hair-growing competition now.  Both Graham and Charlie mentioned that they also want to donate their hair as well.  So we'll see what happens from here on out! :-)

No comments: