Saturday, March 21, 2020

"Safer at Home" order

The "Safer at Home" order came in Thursday night and will be in effect from midnight until April 19th.  That's a whole month!  Or perhaps even longer... who knows at this point.  Developments of the COVID-19 are happening by the hour/day:
Knock on wood, things are still well here at home.  And guess what, while trying to find some iron-on patches for Graham's shirt, I found this instead - a camel teapot!  I had no idea it was even in the box as it was wrapped up in a towel.  What a nice surprise!
I had to figure out where it came from so I posted it on my Facebook page and sure enough, within a day, our friend from Singapore said it was a gift from her when we were leaving Abu Dhabi.  Oops! I felt a bit guilty not remembering but hey, at least the mystery is solved now.  And obviously I won't forget again. Ha ha!

I think I already posted this photo of all the dishes in the sink.  I used to load the dishes every other night.  Since we've been home more now, it's like every day during lunch time! Sheesh!!!
But with all the extra time at home, we did make lots of croutons with the butt-ends of the bread that had been stacking up in the fridge.  The boys love it!  And I use vegan butter, so that way Bobby can enjoy them too.  Butter and sprinkle with onion powder, then in the oven at 350F for about 10-15 minutes.  That's it!  We are never buying croutons again!
I'm so glad I made a trip to Costco last Wednesday before the "Safer at Home" order on Thursday.  Look how empty these shelves are!  This was towards the back of the store, near the water and cleaning supplies.  It's true! People are hoarding!!!
So okay... we may be hoarding too.  The boys really like this "flippy" yogurt.  But is it really hoarding if we bought it from 2 separate grocery stores???
 
"So much drama!" as Bobby puts it... LOL!!!
In the meantime, Graham and Charlie have been busy in the backyard (when I tell them no more electronics!):
Graham was suppose to make some sort of experiment with his Science homeschooling project.  Maybe we will get to that tomorrow/Monday. Instead, he has been enjoying talking about pulleys:
 Never a dull moment with this kid:
And then, Charlie has been taking photos of birds in the backyard:
I let him use my big camera after he produced this photo with my phone for better zooming abilities.  I haven't looked into all the photos the boys took yet with the big camera.  Might be some surprises there as they also took some videos.  Will keep you all posted for sure! :-)

No comments: