Saturday, March 28, 2020

Hat #2?

I seem to have lost count now how many of what I have been making.  I think this is beanie #2.  I thought I was done with my slouchy hat and then, one night when we were all sitting around watching TV - Graham asked "Mommy, why aren't you crocheting?"

I didn't need much convincing to start another project!  An hour later...
I had some more of the green yarn so I tried my hand on another beanie.  I followed mostly written instructions this time and followed videos on some new stitches that I have never tried before.  A fun overall project for me!  Now I know how you can make the yarn/stitch raise above or go inward.  3/4 done... testing for size :-)
And I also learned how to make the bead stitch - the one that looks like little balls or beads in this case.  I just wish the slip stitch to join the rows together wasn't so crude:
Graham and Charlie will just have to wear it with this nice side facing forward :-)
Complete!  The instructions also called for a pom-pom on the top and coincidentally, Graham just  tried to make his first pom-pom:
I decided to tease the plies from the yarn a bit so now the pom-pom is super puffy! Ha ha!
We'll see if the boy will actually wear it now :-D

Okay, now I am pretty much done with my green yarn.  I do have another ball of different yard.  I told a friend that I would make a hat for her son, so maybe that will be my next project. And once that is over, I will have to dig up the rest of my leftover yarn in the garage.  Phew... THAT will be a project! Or just order from Amazon??!  I don't think Bob will allow me to go into a craft store for an "unessential" item at this moment.  He won't even let me go out and get mulch!

We are officially now into our one week of Spring Break.  Yay!!!  I have been quite productive already.  I think mostly because I know that once school starts again, it will be back to homeschooling and geez, it was a tough 2 weeks!  I admitted to the Graham's teacher during the parent-teacher conference last Friday that there was too much work and sure enough, all the other parents chimed in once I spoke out!  So, ha! I wasn't the only one going crazy :-P

No comments: