Sunday, March 22, 2020

Graham's First Overnight school trip (March 5-6)

Wow, I'm on a roll here with writing new posts on my blog!  Perhaps I am trying to get away from doing the dishes, laundry, or cleaning the bathroom.  Unfortunately, all that still needs to be done eventually so I may have just jinxed myself with my 8th posting in 4 consecutive days!

Gloom and fog to start out the day.  Charlie just loves sitting on suitcases!
Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that Bobby is chaperoning!
Graham was so excited for this day!  The 4th Grade is off to Lazy W. Ranch in San Juan Capistrano.  That's about 75 miles away:
First Father-son outing together!  I wonder who I should be more worried about.  Hmmm.... ;-)
Bobby is put to work as he gets on the bus - carrying everyone's lunch.  An important job for sure!
I'm trying to wave goodbye to Bobby.  You can't really see him in the photo...
 
But here is his face!  Ha ha... is that a face of fright as he is in a bus full of kids??! LOL!!!
Graham is a happy camper in the bus.  Who is so handsome?!
Reading time in the bus:
This is the last photo I get before Bobby and I lose phone reception for the rest of the day and the following day:
The next day at 2:11pm, I finally hear from Bobby.  And this is how he starts his chat:
 
I couldn't stop laughing to myself!!!  Not sure if Bobby was actually serious but in any case, it's Graham's happiness that really matters :-)

He was happy being on the top bunk and he even bought his stuff animal/giraffe named Fluffy on the trip:
He was happy hanging out with some friends by a creek:
Oh, he also came home with some gold!  He was so excited to show me that the minute he got off the bus!  All the kids were learning how to pan for gold.  The overnight sort of lines up with what they are learning in Social Studies - The Gold Rush and Missions.  Maybe it's "gold" compared to actual gold??? I forgot to take a photo of it.  And then, the kids also made candle from scratch just like back in the days.  Forgot to take a photo of that too.  Guess I have a couple of to-dos in the morning :-)

No comments: