Sunday, March 22, 2020

Handbag Bingo Night (March 7)

Yes, you read it right.  It's Bingo Night and the prizes are hand bags!  Not like I need anymore, but as we always say with these school events - "It's for the kids!"

A couple of the mom's invited me to join their table.  And this year, somehow we decided on the Roarin' 20s/The Great Gatsby theme!  Sooo... needless to say, I had to sort of get creative as I had nothing!  But in the meantime, the other moms and I were trying to come up with a centerpiece for our table.  One of the suggestions was to use branches.  Well, I managed to scrounge out a couple of decent branches from all of my pruning pile:
I even spray painted one black and wrapped gold-ish pipe cleaners around the branches.  Hmm... starting to look like a Halloween project.  Ha ha!
Purple boa perhaps??!  Nope!
Anyway, the moms finally came up with some feathers in a big vase.  Phew! Glad the branch idea fell through as I wasn't getting very far with it.
So, alrighty... on the night before Bingo Night, I went through my "stash" of jewelry.  Okay, we are getting somewhere now.  Who knew I had all this bling!
Here I am experimenting with a head piece.  This is actually a necklace.... :-\  Let's put a pin on this one:
 After some more research on the internet...
Not only did I like this dress, but I actually liked the headpiece on this model as well.  So I decided to at least order that online:
I decided to paint my nails too, but all these layers took forever to dry.  So literally had to wipe off this idea:
My fringe finally arrived!
I actually went around a couple of thrift stores (ya, it got down to that) and found something shiny!
Not too shabby after sewing on the fringe.  This might actually work!
And then, more nail painting.  This is tough work!
Charlie suggested the black line in the middle.  Hmmm... too late now to change anything!
Head band on and Mommy is ready! But not before a double kiss from the boys :-)
Might have to play dress-up more often!  This is kinda fun!
Look at this fancy handbag.  I think it retails for over $1,000.  Seriously?!
Here's the centerpiece for our table - big vase with big puffy white feathers. Pretty! Glad they went with this idea.  So much more elegant:
The tables that won the Top 3 this year were a Greek themed one, Alice in Wonderland, and I think the last was called The Bad Apples - where the moms were all dressed as a Disney Villain. How creative!

One of the moms at our table won a handbag and just like last year, I walked to the car empty handed.  Who needs another handbag anyway and as mentioned earlier in the post "It's for the kids!" ;-P

No comments: