Thursday, March 26, 2020

Recent happenings

Charlie's African Iris is finally blooming!  It has taken soooooo long.  We bought this plant back when we were living at the apartment, so probably about 2 years ago.  I have attempted several varieties of fertilizer and I guess after our recent rains, the plant is finally happy!
Here it is... next to our wobbly cacti.  I guess I should replant our cacti a little bit deeper as it can't support itself.  But ouch... so spikey!
Look how huge the African Iris plant is getting!  I wonder if I should just trim it?
I recently busted out my mug warmer which uses an actual tealight candle.  It really does the job in keeping my coffee and tea warm!  The tealight candle will only last about 2 mornings before I have to bust out a new one.  My Christmas mug from my mom-in-law works really well on it :-)
I got the recipe from Charlie's teacher to make hand wipes and thankfully I still had a new bottle of rubbing alcohol as all of that is sold out in the stores.  We have a handy dandy animal cracker container to put the wipes in and somehow I also have a box of 100 disposable latex gloves.  Perfect for leaving the house these days.  Die virus,... die!!!
Speaking of dying, my orchid is really struggling!  I ended up pulling out the one dying leaf.  There are two little baby leaves that are coming out, but it hasn't done much.  What am I doing wrong still??!  A friend did recommend spraying orchid food which I totally have been neglecting.  So maybe the orchid will come back to life.  I really wonder if I will ever see a bloom again.  What a test of patience!  This might be worse that waiting for the African Iris to bloom....
We are back to building towers with Jenga blocks!  And The Greatest Showman movie is finally on regular TV programming. Yay! Both Graham and Charlie loved it!  And I love Hugh Jackman :-)
Last night, we decided to support our local restaurants by doing take-out.  Bobby said the restaurant was busy!  Well, the parking lot that is. There was a line waiting to pick up the food and you were not allowed to get out of the car.  I'm glad restaurants are finding a way to accommodate the COVID-19 situation right now.  In the meantime, Charlie is waiting patiently by the window for Daddy to come home.  Ahhh... this would be a perfect spot for a bay window!
Our neighbor decided to remodel the front of their house to include a bay window.  I think they said it was quite expensive.  Well, looks like that would be a "no" for us then! Charlie will just have to stand on the couch, which is all messy again.  Urghh!!!

No comments: