Monday, March 2, 2020

Non-functioning car window

Who knew that having the window up is actually a luxury??!  If you don't believe me, just try driving down the freeway with your windows down all the way.  Yikes!  I thought I was going to lose my hearing!  So, okay - I obviously didn't choose to do that.  I really didn't have a choice.  I am going to have to blame Bobby for this one.  He broke my window!!!
So, this is the 3rd time Bobby has broken something.  Perhaps about a year ago, Bobby put whatever food he didn't want to eat into the garbage disposer and totally clogged it!  We had to call the plumber and the plumber had to snake the pipes.  And then, a couple of months ago, Bobby was helping Charlie grab a few clothes out of the dryer.  A few days after that when I needed to dry some clothes, the dryer was acting up!  I had to unplug the machine and of course, the plug was located in a spot that was quite tricky to get to.

Now, back to this car window... driving to Costco to get gas a couple of Sundays ago. Bobby is complaining about how long the line is while he is enjoying the air from outside with the window down.  Maybe I should have sent him into the store! Once we got through the gas line, we proceeded to park. Bobby tried to wind the window up and all we heard was this crunching sound.  Almost as if the window was breaking!  Well, the mechanism would not push the window up. So we went into the store anyway with the window down about 3-4 inches.

When we got home, I managed to find some semi-clear produce bags to close up the gap.  Well, by the next day or so, the entire window has disappeared into its slot!  So... a couple more produce bags later and some more blue tape...
I drove the minivan into the dealership this past Wednesday.  It took them almost 2 hours just to tell me what was wrong with it.  By then, I had to tell them to put it back together so I can get back to school for my volunteer/shift at school!  But during those 2 hours, I walked over to the Subaru dealership.  Bobby and I have been eyeing this CrossTrek hybrid model.  Love this color too!
But oh boy, so disappointed with the size of the trunk!
Well, don't have to decide now with a new car as we are still waiting on Bobby's car lease to expire.

In the meantime, I scraped the produce bags and went straight to a white garbage bag.  It looked so obvious that my neighbor even asked me if everything is okay!
A new "regulator" had to be ordered so the car sat on the driveway for a few more days until this past Saturday.  Another trip down the freeway - all 15+ miles of it, with hair whipping at my face (although I did wear a beanie the 2nd time!), shirt flapping, noises of trucks and motorcycles just making my ear ache. Fun stuff!!!

The boys came by to pick me up for lunch while the car was being fixed, as Graham had baseball practice that morning.  Of course, we had to go check out the CrossTrek:
Lots of button to push!  Boys are loving every minute of it.  Charlie actually said "I wish I could scratch this car so then we can just buy it."  LOL!!!

Okay, back at VW - Graham and Charlie are mesmerized by this fancy coffee machine that also makes hot chocolate lattes.  Fancy!  But the boys won't make enough cups of hot chocolate lattes to make up for what we had to pay for this "regulator".  Almost $550 bucks for parts, labor, and tax... can you believe that??!  I did manage a 10% discount while having to pay for the remaining service, but still. That's a lot of music lessons. Ha ha!
Anyway, we try and find a place for lunch and I find a ramen place that has pretty good reviews. And good news is it's only about a mile down the street. Everyone is hungry! And wow... ok, now this trip was so worth it. Ha ha!
Bobby takes Charlie to a playdate and so where does Graham and Mommy go to??? Ikea, of course! :-)  I've been eyeing a small closet for a while now as it was also on sale. 50% off!  And who doesn't need more space to put more clothes? Only thing is I just have to figure out where to put it:
Well, I do really need to swap dressers.  Bobby has the one dresser that matches our King size bedframe.  And I have the one that matches our Queen size bed, which we had donated when we moved into this house.  So... as soon as I can get that done, and only by then I can open up this Ikea project.

And I keep thinking something like this (below) would look really nice in our house somewhere:
And oh, Graham and I agreed that we needed one more shelving thingy for our kitchen:
Okay, that's it!!! Daddy should never say that we can spend more than what was originally planned :-)

There are so many people at Ikea that the yogurt machine is broken! Bummer, I was really looking forward to my $1 yogurt/ice-cream.  Graham opted for a cinnamon bun instead.  Hmm... come to think about it, he didn't even offer me some.  And it was fresh out of the oven too!
I am just happy that I didn't have to drive home with the window down. This might be the last time I will let Bobby drive the minivan!

No comments: