Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Happy Valentine's Day (Feb 14)

So looks like I totally missed posting about our Valentine's too!  Sheesh... really getting behind here.  Or perhaps Valentine's day was maybe a bit uneventful.  13 years of being married and yeah, it's just like any other day.  Ha ha!  I did at least get a nice cup of coffee with a friend and was pleasantly surprised by the lovely note in my mug :-)
And there were pretty purple flowers in the yard too!  I think I do remember writing about these plants in a previous post:
In the meantime, Bobby took the boys to Graham's baseball practice.  Charlie joined in but unfortunately when he tried to catch a fly ball, it skimmed the edge of his glove and hit him right on the forehead!  Thankfully as you can tell, he is totally fine while he is icing his forehead:
You can totally see the seams on the baseball imprinted on his forehead!
Unfortunately, that was the end of Charlie practicing with Graham's team.  Totally understandable that Graham's coach was afraid of Charlie's well-being and probably also getting himself in trouble.

Well, chocolate fixes everything!  I cut up some strawberries and pineapple and the boys enjoyed dipping that into the chocolate fondue:
A lovely collection of cards this year :-)
I'm trying to think of what I had bought myself a few days prior to Valentine's.  Wow... talk about selective memory.  So I guess in this case, I can just say that Bobby didn't get me anything this Valentine's??!  Oh wait... as he would always say "Just look up above your head. Yeah, I bought you the roof over your head!"  Gotta love his sarcasm! :-P

No comments: