Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Vaccinated!

Bob and I finally have our first Covid-19 vaccination!  There was a tip on a pharmacy that was able to provide vaccinations.  Supposedly people miss their appointments or there are leftovers for the day.  Bob actually qualifies now anyway, being over 50 years old - but we were really struggling to find an appointment online. So this was such great timing since Bob is also physically going back to work. 

Graham and Charlie had to come along with me for my vaccination since Bob was at work (he got his the day before mine).  But they were pretty happy to be rewarded with their big bags of chips after waiting for a while at the pharmacy:

So far so good on the side effects.  Bobby said he started to get X-ray vision powers (uh huh) where as I was feeling just a bit light-headed later on last night.  A friend of mine recommended green tea but looks like I ran out!  I did managed to dig up some raspberry ginseng.  Who knows how long (or where) I had picked this bag of tea from:

Although I wonder if the light-headedness was just from yelling at the kids too much later that afternoon.  I'm not sure how they think they can get away with taking a photo of just the assignment and not actually doing it??!  I swear I'm getting more wrinkles and gray hair from the boys' Distance Learning this past school year!

The district has increased hours physically in school for the Hybrid program (which doesn't affect us since we are committed to being home the rest of the school year).  LA County has reopened business for indoor dining and indoor activities. I still wonder if it's too early but then again, so many people are struggling.  I just hope we don't end up going through another shut-down like some of the European countries. Can't believe this has been going on for over a year now. I'm not sure things would ever be quite "normal" again.

Our 2nd dose should be scheduled in 3 weeks. Supposedly more people are feeling the effects of the 2nd dose. Wish us luck!

No comments: