Sunday, April 11, 2021

No more Blue!

After having to deal with a Monarch butterfly that didn't emerge from its chrysalis just a few days ago, our snail Blue also decided to call it quits!  I noticed that it had not moved from the same spot in its tank for 2-3 days.  When I put took it out and put it in a different container, it was floating.  Oops!

And it seems that the color of Blue is from its inside.  The shell is totally clear!
We decided to put the shell back into the other tank with the betta Noodles.  The other snail Zebra seems to still be doing ok (fingers crossed!):
Still not sure why Blue died.  We haven't really been feeding it as I'm not exactly sure what it eats. I did put a couple of betta fish food flakes but I'm guessing that didn't work then?  The mystery continues!

Anyhow, we actually upgraded Noodle's tank.  Well, technically  it's not really a real fish tank.  It was a glass container that I had previously used to put candles in and then I had used it as a planter.  But when the old fish bowl started to fog up (totally weird!) I figured we needed to change it up:
It's almost like it's the effects of hard water.  I wish we were able to get a glass fishbowl just like the one we had before but I really didn't want to spend any more money on this:
Anyhow, looks like this  new glass container works too!
And looks like Noodles and Zebra are each already enjoying their little caves:
Okay, hopefully no more animal deaths anytime soon!  This is plenty for now!!!

No comments: