Sunday, April 11, 2021

Garden update

The flowers in our front yard are doing so well!  I love seeing all the flowers in full bloom.  But before getting to those photos, I'm still trying to save this poinsettia plant.  There were quite a few of them in the backyard and I've pulled pretty much all of them out when we first moved in.  This is the only one that is left and it's not doing very well in the front yard, so I'm going to put it in a pot:  

It's pretty sad looking right now, but maybe there's still something left in it??!
In the meantime, our strawberry plants are producing baby strawberries!
And our broccoli plants are doing well still too.  Although I have to be so careful because some of the florets are infested with aphids. Blah!!!
And if you're wondering how I know this... well, a few days ago I made a yummy pot of broccoli cheddar soup.  And yup, you guessed it.  I ate 2 little bowls and then Graham said, "There's a bug in my soup!"
Hmm.... thankfully my belly didn't feel bad after the soup.  I guess I mistook the bugs for pepper flakes.  Ha ha!

Here are the flowers from our front garden.  These snapdragons have definitely come up really nicely!
And Charlie's lily plant is blooming too.  Flowers are so pretty!
Lots of yellows and purples, and everything else in between :-)
I spotted a tiny ladybug the other day:
And then, this huge bee was buzzing around the purple flowers.  It was a big one!
The fig tree is slowly sprouting its new leaves:
So is the nectarine:
I haven't checked on the apple tree further back in the yard, but the orange trees are finally flowering.  Perhaps we may finally get some oranges!  And then this random plant was poking through the weed tarp.  I still have no idea what it is!
I suppose only time will tell if it's actually a weed.  Ha ha!  Hopefully it won't get too hot too soon as I have yet to still fix that broken sprinkler!

No comments: