Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Strange rash

Graham had the weirdest rash on his legs (at the end of March).  I called the doctor's office and it was closed on that specific day for office maintenance.  What are the odds of that! I didn't want to call the doctor directly but there was an option to do so, and we decided that was best - in case it was something more serious.

Doesn't that look bad??! We have no idea where or how he got it.  
There were also a little bit of it on his arm:
And also on his body:
So strange!!!

But so glad the doctor was able to get to us during those non-office hours.  She recommended hydrocortisone and lots of lotion.  I was curious on the choice of ointment because Graham said it did not itch or hurt.  In any case, the rash improved after a few days. Phew!
Graham has always struggled with dry skin even when he was a baby, so we're always reminding him to put lotion on his body after he showers.  It's a tough chore for him!  I remember myself as a kid putting on lotion on my face probably starting at the age of 12 - as per instructions from my mom.  Although I was already playing quite a bit of golf by then so I needed the sunscreen on my face and body.  I may have the boys put lotion on their face every morning soon too as they are starting to get quite a few freckles!  The sun is ruthless out here.
Anyway, I digress.  I'm so happy with our pediatrician and so happy Graham's skin has improved. Yay!

No comments: