Sunday, April 11, 2021

Recent random happenings

These photos were actually from March.  I'm really lagging behind lately from my postings!

I took the photo of this next incident because this is just what happens sometimes in this household and it gives you an idea of what sort of day I'm having!

I've still been baking a bit, especially when I have super ripe bananas, and when I have to repay a favor with banana bread.  The boys devour these so I have to double the recipe!
Twin flower power!  I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before:
So cool!
Graham and Charlie are enjoying some donuts and sweet pastries before Charlie's eye appointment (Ps. his sty is finally improving. Yay!):
Of course they have to eat it outside of the car.  There's no way I'm getting these glaze and sprinkles messing up the minivan.  The inside of this vehicle is already filthy enough!
Shhh... don't tell Bobby.  I decided to go out and buy a couple more things:
It's pretty cramped in my little nook with this black shelf:
Ahhh... so much better!  And I love that this book shelf is double-sided:
The black shelf is going here for now.  I don't know where else to put it!
Funny enough, it was probably only after a week or so after I moved this piece of furniture and Bob was like, "When did we get this?!"  LOL!

If anything, our Christmas cactus plant seems to be happier in this spot.  It hasn't bloomed for over 2 years now probably and check this out... I spotted a baby flower bud!  Hopefully it will eventually bloom??? I know it's not Christmas but who cares at this point.  Ha ha!
And this is where my little telephone bench is, right at the dining table.  This way I can move my computer out of the way during dinner time. As for the red balance disc, the chair just seemed a bit low but after a few attempts of sitting with it, it's not quite working. So I've put another cushion for now, to get just the right height:
Charlie wanted to claim this chair, but no, no...! Don't even think about it!
I discovered the biggest grasshopper ever in the front yard!  Can you see it?
Looks like our neighbor's tortoise is going to have a nice meal!
And we actually caught another big grasshopper today too.  Graham spotted it in the yard while they were playing on the slip-and-slide:
I don't know where these grasshoppers are coming from!  And so far I haven't seen them devouring any of our plants or perhaps I'm not paying enough attention.  Hmmm...

And finally, one last photo for the month of March. I tell the boys that they can't eat in the front living room while watching TV.  So, what do they do? There's just by the edge of where the kitchen meets the living room.  Cheeky boys!
I swear I'm getting a lot more grey hair with these two boys at home all the time now.  Can't wait for us to feel comfortable enough and get them back physically into school after the summer holidays!

No comments: