Monday, April 26, 2021

Swim lessons

We started Graham and Charlie on swim lessons since we are not doing baseball this time.  So far so good!  I got to at least buy a new pair of shoes for the poolside:

I swear I'm actually paying attention to what their swim coach is telling them... and not just hanging out and enjoying the sun.  Or enjoying looking up at the clouds :-P
Here's Charlie doing his free-style.  Still needs some work but I'm already seeing progress after the first lesson:


And here is Graham doing freestyle as well.  I love how he takes his breath after on every 3rd stroke so he alternates the sides of which his head turns:

Always something with these two monkeys:
So far, they are also learning the breast-stroke. And according to their coach, after a couple more lessons they should be able to move on to the back-stroke and also butterfly! I'll have to pay attention then as I've always wanted to learn the butterfly stroke :-)

By the way, Charlie finally learned how to dive off the diving board!
He has yet to dive off the board standing up, but this is a great start! So glad the boys have been enjoying the pool.  Sometimes I miss the beach but this is just fine for now as it's so nice and quiet here.

No comments: