Thursday, April 22, 2021

More photos from Front Stoop

I forgot to post some of these other photos yesterday.  I think these are more for me as a reminder of how much we have improved our front steps!

Each old step was actually at a different height.  About 7" here on the bottom step:

And the 5.5" for the middle step:
So glad the height of the steps are even now.  

Here's a look again at the one side.  I'm not going to forget how bad my temporary fix was on the bottom right corner.  Although I'm not sure how 2.5 years (since moving in) is temporary. Ha ha!
So much cleaner looking now.  It's quite a big difference from the darker brown-greyish tiles.  We almost went with slates but obviously changed our minds (again!):
We decided to tile on the opposite too, which wasn't there before:
The new stoop is tying in nicely with the brick flowerbed except the new brick is a bit dark colored.  Maybe a good scrubbing will help clean up the old brick?
Now I'm debating whether to paint the bottom part of the flowerbed.  It will be the same color as the trim/concrete part of the stoop.  Something more to ponder about with this house :-D



No comments: