Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Misc Spring Break projects

I've been wanting to do a couple of things for a long time.  First of, are these rain/golf pants.  They are so old that the waterproofing tape had dried off on the inside of the pants:

 Hmm... are these really worth saving???
But they are my favorite rain pants!  And I hope this waterproof tape actually works.  The iron was a bit hot at times so I actually burned the delicate fabric a bit.  Oops!  Well, good news is it doesn't rain that much in California.  Plus, when was the last time I actually played golf in the rain. LOL!!!

Another project was making another Kokedama.  The fern in the pot never really did very well.  So here goes!  This ping pong table has been very functional as a crafts table instead.  Ha ha!

Didn't take as long for this one.  And I think it looks pretty good!
Here's the collection of Kokedama so far.  I love my antique multi-hook, which serves just the right purpose for this "exhibit":
The orchid hasn't been doing so great though.  I wonder if I need to re-do it with proper orchid soil.  Hmm...

While I'm contemplating on that, here is Charlie with another Spring Break nap!
It's so funny how he still has his baby blanket from the first day he was born (actually we have 2 of the same one in case we lost one!).  It's not this red/tan one but the on just under his hand.  It is getting so old and not-so-white looking anymore, but yet still his favorite:
Another Spring Break project was to clean out the box fans.  Man, were they filthy!
Although now that we have working air conditioners in both the front and back rooms, I'm not sure if we actually need these anymore???  Anyway, at least they are now clean and Graham had a fun time taking them apart and playing with them too:
Here's another pair of rain pants where the waterproof seam/tape had come off.  I actually didn't get to this until after Spring break, but so relieved that it's off my To Do list! 
Yay! All done!!!  Bobby said these pants look like parachute jump pants.  Ha!  Thankfully this view is of the inside of the pants: 
Now I can put away the iron and ironing board another few more months :-P

No comments: