Thursday, April 22, 2021

Magnetic white board

I had picked up a used white board back in August last year.  This was just as the Graham and Charlie were confirmed with doing Distance Learning at home for the school year.  We never really did do much with the board though.  I used it a few times for some art lessons and Graham used it once for his presentation.  It's just been sitting outside under the back patio.  Charlie did make use of it a couple times to create his "masterpiece":

I wasn't actually allowed to erase this but I told Charlie I would take a photo of it and we can put it in our memory bank (a.k.a. the computer).  So now that I can have this side of the board nice and clean, it's time to prep for some magnetic paint!

Have I ever mentioned how I do not like prepping:
Here's the magnetic paint.  Whoever came up with this is a genius!
Although it did take me a good 5 minutes just stirring it to un-clump whatever that was at the bottom of the can.  I'm guessing that's the "magnetic" part of the paint:
And I also read in the reviews of this magnetic paint that you need to apply multiple layers so the magnetic part actually works well:
I only did 3 coats at first and that still wasn't enough to hold up the simple magnetic tiles.  So I ended up using the entire can!

I was hoping the boys would be able to use the magnetic side of it to create some sort of marble run, but the marbles were too heavy and the magnetic tiles would just fall over:
But in the meantime, we are just happy to create some random art :-)
And I've moved the board inside the house.  It's taking quite a bit of room in the house - almost in-your-face when you walked through the front door!  But oh well, it is what it is right now (until we can afford a bigger house, which will probably be never in SoCal!). 

"Hi" to you too, Charlie!
The main reason for moving the board indoor is that we are now using it for Graham and Charlie's new daily schedule:
How is it that Charlie has already finished up all of his tasks and it's not even 8:30am yet! Hmmm....
I recently just purchased a whole bunch of magnetic letters.  I'll have the boys writing poems pretty soon now.  Well, no harm in some wishful thinking.  Ha ha!

No comments: