Tuesday, December 8, 2020

The "Wall" project

Ever since we moved into this house, I was quite unhappy with this wall.  I think it is also because our neighbor's wall looked so much nicer and that made the red brick on ours look even worse.  So I finally decided to paint it all.  It took me some time to figure out what color.  And of course, I couldn't just go with one. I decided on 3 (within the same family of) colors!

So here you go - light blue, medium blue, and then a dark blue.  It took me a whole day to do just the first two colors.  I had inquired about some "handy helpers" but they were not very handy :-/
Thankfully it was not too hot and funny enough, a couple people that walked by said the wall looked nice - even when I wasn't even done with it yet.  And there was even a lady driving by that said she might hire me out.  Ha ha!
Not sure if it's too blue for the house??!
I had the boys draw a few butterflies on the wall.  Here is Graham's:
And Charlie decided to draw a whole "story"! These boys couldn't be more different:
And yup, I've decided to draw a few things too.  Here's the start to my cat silloutte:
I think it turned out pretty nicely:
And then I saw another silhouette of 2 cats on the internet and their tails hooked together to form a heart:
I actually couldn't stop thinking about this one when I was done.  I just wasn't happy with it! So the next day, I dug up one of these rags that I had bought a while ago.  I think the whole reason I had bought it was because of the cats and so,... time to fix my cats!
It's not exactly the same but I am much happier.  And when I was done, there were a couple of ladies walking on the other side of the street.  I think they actually stopped to look at my cats!  I hope they had some nice things to say about it :-P

And the Piece de Resistance (I couldn't figure out how to put the accents.  Hmm...):
I just had to do it, and of course in red color - so the heart was nice and noticeable :-)

In the meantime, I also had to deal with this crack at the side of the wall:
Bobby wouldn't let me pull the entire chunk of wall off to fix it.  Although I really think I should have!  Anyway, I tried to fix it the best I could with whatever concrete I had left and also some premade liquid one that I had previously opened.  Unfortunately, I also ended putting some concrete on some crickets that came jumping out of this big crack.  Oops!!!
Well, here it is...
With some extra concrete, I fixed up some other cracks along the house too:
I hope the foundation is not shifting too much to cause these cracks!
I finally decided to stick this screen up with concrete too.  I've had to fix this so many times because the boys keep hitting balls into the screen and knocking it off.  Maybe this might work???
All done!!!  Just have to draw a few more butterflies, maybe a white fence?... maybe some flowers and another cat peeking around the corner???   Who knows what I am feeling at that point.  Right now, Graham is taking up too much of my time with his school work! :-(
Bobby was quick to show me yesterday that the wall is cracking again!  Boo hoo...!!!
I was thinking that maybe I'll just paint some sort of vine along the crack.  Ha ha!  Well, at this point as long as the wall is not falling over, we're good!

No comments: