Friday, December 25, 2020

New Kokedama plant

I had never heard of Kokedama until just a couple of weeks ago, a good friend of mine in Abu Dhabi had mentioned it.  And then, I see that a lady is selling them on the neighborhood App.  What a coincidence!  And funny enough, it was only a minute or two away from a used/free desk that I was going to pick up for Charlie.  And yes, also found on the neighborhood App :-P

I'll show you the used desk in a minute. I'm too excited to show you the Kokedama plant! Here it is:

Isn't it so cute??! I'm keeping the vine one for myself and giving the other one away to a friend for Christmas. 
So Kokedama is actually a Japanese art-form for growing plants.  They cover the roots in moss and then wrap it with string.  I super love it!  Right now, I am hanging it in the she-shed on a dead branch.  The branch was sprayed for another project that didn't get used, so it looks like it was meant for this plant!
The good news is the plant/ball of moss doesn't need to be watered every day.  It needs to actually be soaked in water for a good 30 minutes or so every week.  But since I have it semi-outdoor, I may soak it twice a week.  I hope I don't forget!  I don't go into the she-shed a lot but I have another project going on in there, so it's been nice to see some green in there.  Wish me luck that it doesn't die too quickly!

No comments: