Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thanksgiving (Nov 26)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  I can't believe it has taken me this long to actually post about it.  I always try and post the important events within the same month.  Well, looks like a lot of things are not happening like usual this year.  I'm going to blame it on Covid too. Ha ha!

We decided to just have steaks and potatoes this year.  Normally it's meatloaf and mac-n-cheese but somehow Charlie doesn't like sauce, and so he doesn't like my meatloaf! :-/  And we haven't had turkey since... forever.  So, first off - time to peel the potatoes. Charlie was so worried about cutting himself to a point he was crying.  Looks like we still need a lot of training with this one:

Graham was more brave with the potato peeler:
Well, the boys were excused pretty quickly because they were taking such a long time! So I finally let them tuck into our pumpkin cheesecake pie:
I told the boys to cut me a slice... and somehow this was the only bit that was left of my plate.  Hmmm... who ate  my slice of pie??!
We bought 3 nice pieces of filet mignon, some asparagus and zucchini, and store bought gravy.  Everything turned out really well!
Family Thanksgiving we-fie!!!
I don't know how Graham is not cold while eating outside.  Bobby is in a sweater, I'm in long sleeves, and Charlie is in his onesie jammies!

We finally convinced Graham to put on a shirt while making s'mores.  This firepit has really come in handy:
Graham is admiring his perfectly cooked/toasted marshmallow:
And we discovered a new thing this Thanksgiving... marshmallow on pumpkin pie! Super YUM!!!
And actually, it almost feels like you need one melted/toasted marshmallow for a small piece of pie. Talk about the unnecessary calories.  Ha ha!
When dessert is done, we get the telescope out and see a few planets:
I just noticed how long Graham's sideburns are getting!  For whatever reason, it totally reminds me of the late Bruce Lee's.  Yes, we are totally related as Graham is a "Lee" too:
By the way, here is what's left of the pie after one night:
I'm glad everyone loves pumpkin pie.  It's just one other way to get fiber/veggies into Graham.  LOL!!!

So many things to be thankful for this year.  I suppose first off, thankful for everyone being healthy!  We haven't been out very much except for grocery shopping and perhaps a few trips to pick up some items that I've found on the neighborhood App. And that leads me to another thing I am thankful for. Despite some challenges, I'm so thankful that Graham and Charlie are coping well with Distance Learning/school at home and not spending all this time at home.  I've read so many horror stories on how kids are depressed and upset about not being at school.  And finally, so thankful that Bob still has his job!  So many people have lost their jobs and it's so upsetting to see people/families begging on the side of the street. And so many people are going hungry too.  I can't imagine having to line up for hours at the Food Bank or just having no food at all.  Talk about taking things for granted these days. 

No comments: