Monday, December 7, 2020

Garden chairs project

With all the social distancing that's going on, I figured why not try and create a spot in the front yard where friends visiting can sit and chat!  I did finally find a couple of metal chairs for free on the neighborhood App. Free is always the right price!

Yeah, the chairs look pretty beat up.  Bobby asked me when we started a "junkyard".  Pha! Well, nothing a wire brush and a fresh coat of paint can't fix:
It's funny how I picked a green color that's almost the same color as The Masters golf tournament, which coincidentally is happening this same week when I was fixing up these chairs:
I think it turned out okay.  I couldn't get all the old paint off with the wire brush, so we'll just have to deal with the uneven surfaces on the seat:
While I wait for the paint to dry, I need to try and figure out where to put the chair and also how to level it.  We wouldn't want our guests to fall over!
Looks like this works!  As usual, Charlie is always happy to be the guinea pig in my projects :-)
Looks pretty good and actually, the chairs are quite comfortable:
Ta da!!! I think it's just under 6 feet of separation though.  Perhaps that's okay in this case :-D 
So far, no official social distancing yet on these chairs.  Hopefully they won't get too rusty when the time comes as they are being showered with sprinkler water every other day at this moment.  I'm hoping to maybe put a hummingbird feeder in this spot.  That would be pretty neat be able to see and hear them at such a close distance.  Just looked up some of the hummingbird stakes and feeders online.  The specific one that I like is more than what I'd like to pay.  Seriously?!  It's just a metal stake in the ground, and don't even get me started on the actual feeder!  

No comments: