Thursday, April 16, 2020

Week 5 of Safer at Home order

I can't believe we have been homeschooling for 5 weeks now.  Is there any light at the end of this tunnel???  Well, there is a Charlie at the end of this rock tunnel.   "Build a Rock Wall" was part of his school project this week:
My project on the other hand was trimming the roses.  "Let's DO this!" as the bucket says:
It must be the way I pruned these roses during the dormant period.  The new shoots are just shooting everywhere!!!
Hopefully I was able to take off all the damaged leaves (from black fungi) and the rose bushes won't die! I definitely trimmed off a lot and also sprayed some fungicide.  Let's see how it all goes:
Week 5 and we have busted out the practice putting mat.  Gosh, I am really rusty!
And look what we bought a couple of days ago... a Ukelele! Ha ha! 
So far I'm learning 3 to 4 different chords and trying to sing "You are My Sunshine" and "Lava".  Strumming is still tricky and so, singing AND strumming is even trickier!  Trying to get Graham and Charlie to sing along and maybe learn a few chords too. We'll see how that goes :-)

And oh, this photo of the yogurt is courtesy of Bobby.  He had to prove a point that I left it out instead of putting it back in the fridge.  If it's any consolation, at least I closed the lid. Ha!
Wonder what Week 6 is going to bring us??!  We were close to getting a free turtle a few weeks ago but someone had snagged it first.  Stay posted!!! :-D

No comments: