Thursday, April 9, 2020

Progress with Sandbags

Water is still getting through the sandbags! I think you're suppose to have a couple layers of bags but I really don't want it to be even more of an eye sore as it is already:
I thought I'd start by flipping the sandbags over and let the wet cement dry first:
Almost dry!  I can't imagine what this spot is going to look like once we do eventually take these bags away.  There's already dark markings on the concrete.  I don't think we have the money to get a drain around the house :-( Guess we'll just let the next homeowners deal with that and hopefully that won't be a deal breaker.  Of course, we didn't know about this when we bought the house:
I read that sandbags should have some sort of liner underneath it.  Well, any sort of liner for me right now refers to black garbage bags. Ha ha!
I tried to use the level to find the "downhill":
Not too shabby!  As long as the water is going away from the house:
It's sort of working...
If anything, at least the boys are having fun in the rain.  By the way, we are on Day 2 of rain right now.  I caved in and let the boys play on their tablets right now.  I need some peace and quiet!
There were moments of heavy downpour and there comes that water in front of the laundry area :-\
Looks like there is still some troubleshooting here that needs to be done.  Might have to move the bags further under the patio. Hmm... not quite losing sleep over this one but it's definitely still bothering me.  I mean I was literally stomping on these sandbags to make sure everything was packed up tightly.  Maybe I need to get Graham and Charlie on this stomping action :-D

No comments: