Friday, April 24, 2020

New coffee table

I've been wanting a new coffee table of some sort for the boys' side of the room.  We have an oval Ikea one which seems to want to come apart everything I try and lift it.  And it's also taking up a lot of valuable space.

Well, as usual, I am constantly on this one particular App for the neighborhood.  I did find another Ikea table and the lady was willing to sell it for cheaper. So... Road Trip!!!

The minute we got into the minivan, Charlie said that he almost forgot how to buckle himself in. Ha ha!  And then, there was this part of the street that was so empty!  It was so strange:
We went to Manhattan Beach to pick up the table.  The lady loaded it into the trunk for me and that was easy enough.  Not too much small talk.  We did see lots of people at the nearby park and could also see that someone was having a birthday party.  I was totally baffled! What happened to social distancing??!

Well, 30 minutes there and another 30 minutes back to the house.  It felt so much like a road trip and I decided to stop at McDonalds to get a soft-serve cone. $15 later... the boys ended up with a soft-serve ice cream cone AND a Happy Meal each.  How did that happen??!
This new coffee table is already clearing up one and a half shelves of my shelving unit!
Works well as a foot rest too.  Look how big Charlie's feet are!  And his knees are so black and bruised from all his recent falls:
I haven't figured out what to do with the other oval table yet so now the boys have 2 coffee tables and the room is even tighter than what it was.  Great planning, eh??!
I think by the time I actually figure all this out, we will end up just moving somewhere else.  So maybe I won't rush into getting too much done :-)

No comments: