Thursday, April 9, 2020

Happy (belated) birthday to Grandma! (March 31)

I had to delay this post because I didn't want the boys' Grandma to see the gift that we were sending over to her for her birthday.  And yes, another crochet bag! I think this was crochet bag #3.
If the green yarn looks familiar then yes, I have used it for my slouchy hat and also for my headband.  It was all extra yarn after making the bag.  I hope she likes it! Actually, she called when she received it and yup, she LOVES it!  :-)
We also added some charms on the bag.  Graham and Charlie picked out 2 charms each and Bobby picked out one and I picked out one. Wait, no - I ended up picking out 2 too :-)
Graham picked out the Eiffel Tower and the word LOVE, Charlie picked out the Wing and the Peace sign.  Bobby picked out the Double Heart:
And I picked out the Peacock and a little heart charm that says "Made with Love":
It was quite the task to get the yarn going around the top part of the bag to tie the charms together but it all worked out and was well worth it!

As much as Grandma liked my bag, I think the best birthday present by far is probably Graham's first crochet project - a nice bright red pot holder!  It even comes with a little hole to put the hook. Graham did that all by himself!
And what's better than one pot holder? Well, TWO pot holders of course! :-)
Grandma has already found a place to hang these:
I wish I had taken a photo of the card that Charlie had drawn out.  It was a cute one. Instead of drawing out all the candles (I won't say how many :-), he drew one candle on the cake and used a multiply sign with the new number/age. Clever boy!

And actually Charlie drew another card recently that was really cute too.  He had been hitting little pebbles/gravel with a tennis racket into the neighbor's yard and one of the pebbles ended up hitting our neighbor on his head!  Well, we made sure Charlie felt really sorry and made him write a note to the neighbor.  Charlie drew this face with tears and labeled it as him and it also said that he was very sad.  Awww.... precious!  Well, he learned his lesson for sure!

Hope you had a good birthday, Grandma!  These times are making it even more difficult to be together but know that we think about you often and love you lots! And Pop-pop too :-)

No comments: